Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Freeze, then thaw. then freeze, then freak...

I have just posted a couple of November photos to the photo-page. Take a look at how we get our water. And how much snow we get. 
December started of warm. It actually rained for a couple of days leaving a nice layer of ice on top of all the snow. And then the hard frost came back. Leaving all the melted, soft snow to turn to ice and expand in whatever holes it had sunk into. It froze shut the cap on the car's gas tank. It also froze the snow/water in the tire, so I now have a funny square tire that makes the whole car shake when I drive it. So tonight I have made a deal with a friend to come sleep over and have my car in her garage so it can thaw out. The trouble I have to go through just because we had a couple of nice, warm days. 
On a different subject, remember how we redid the floor under our kitchen this summer? It looked something like this: 


Now, it looks like this: 

It is still raw, but we are very happy with the amount of room we have gotten. Twice as much space as before. Also, notice how it looks like I murdered someone in the left corner of the floor? I spilled a huge glass of home-pickled beets. I guess that settles the discussion of which color the floor should be painted. The bucket under the sink is where used water goes as we don't use pipes in the winter.

No comments: