Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Dinosaur footprints

It's morning in Fairbanks. I have heroically made it to the office. No, not really heroically. But it is -5 C (23F) outside and everyone is feeling the change in weather/season. James and I could confirm that our respective work circles: the bar scene and the University are tired, annoyed, cold, weak and blue at the moment. This happens many times a year up here and it won' be the last time I blog about it. The current blues are tough because everyone knows that this is just the beginning of the cold season and in three months -5 C is going to feel like warm and fuzzy heaven.
On a different note, as you may know I work and study in a department with four anthropological sub-fields: cultural anth., linguistic anth., biological anth., and archeology. That means that I get to hear a lot about especially archeological excavations, fieldtrips, and gossip. Sometimes I don't really pay attention, but I must admit I got excited when researchers from UAF this summer found a large number of dinosaur footprints here in Alaska. If you think that is exciting too, you can read about it in our local newspaper: Dinosaur footprints

No comments: