Monday, September 30, 2013

Reminiscing

New graduate students have joined the department this fall. One of them blogs. Check out his blog for some insights into graduate student life here in Fairbanks. It's not what I blog most about so if you feel like you need more info on that part of my life, check out his blog: Life at the 65th. I am even in a picture or two on the hiking page. 
Reading his blog reminds me of when I first came to Fairbanks five years ago. Looking through my photos from back then I was documenting the design of supermarkets (they were and are huge), the giant-sized cars (ditto), the cheap, locally brewed beer, the pub, the pub, the pub, and me next to dogs. Yes, me next to dogs was quite the extraordinary even back then. I think my expression on the photo below from August 2008 says it all.

No comments: