Friday, August 23, 2013

I have first world problems and I'm not above blogging about them...

Life has been moving VERY slowly this August. I was suppose to go to a village to do fieldwork, but my travels depended on a collaborator that continued to postpone the trip. It is still postponed...
So what do you do when you are basically just in a waiting-position to work? You study for an exam in November. You clean out your house. You clean out your yard. You clean out the house again. You take up joggin. You paint the bedroom. You walk the dog - a lot. You knit even though it's not really knitting season. You play music. You drink beer. You pick berries until the freezer is full. It all sounds really nice, but after 5 weeks, hobbies just aren't going to fulfill you 24 hours a day. I think this is what might be called a First-world-problem. I'm happy to know that the fall semester is within sight and my TA-contract begins on Monday.
Fall is finally here. It's pouring rain and the local newspaper's breaking news is that it might freeze soon. Look at all the blueberries (The season is over now and we are awaiting the cranberries):

No comments: